Monday 5 January 2015

The Journey Begins

Yesterday was Day 1 of the 21 Day Sugar Detox (21DSD) that I am participating in.  All in all it was a pretty good first day.

I woke up and had breakfast which was 2 Buffalo Chicken Egg Muffins, steamed spinach and 1/2 an avocado.  The egg muffins were really good - so much so that my hubby and daughter scooped a few. 

My only issue of the day happened after breakfast.  Normally,  I workout on an empty stomach but decided yesterday to eat first.  Big mistake.  First, I ate more food at breakfast than I was used to.  Second, I didn't give it a chance to digest properly.  I felt like I was going to puke for a good hour after my workout which meant lunch wasn't big - a green-tipped banana.

For dinner I made meatloaf and herbed mashed cauliflower.  The meatloaf was a hit but the mashed cauliflower not so much.  I liked it but my husband was thrown by the fact that it looked like mashed potatoes but didn't taste like them!

I didn't have any sugar cravings and I didn't feel that I was starving.

A pretty successful start to the journey.  Now onto Day 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment