Friday 9 January 2015

Day Four and Post - Surgery Update

I woke up early on Day Four as I had an appointment at the hospital with my surgeon for a post-surgery check up.  Had another Coco-monkey Smoothie.  Yes, I have a mild addiction to this smoothie but my husband is also asking when I am going to use up the avocado that I bought earlier in the week!

Then off to the hospital.  Always book your appointments first thing in the morning.  I usually get in to see the doctor right away and you aren't sitting in a waiting room for hours.  First up, visit with the resident.  He went over my pathology report.  No cancer but definitely Crohns Disease.  I'm kinda grossed out by the fact that someone had to examine my excised intestine...definitely not a job that I would do.

Dr. Ott came in shortly thereafter.  He was very pleased with my recovery.   My incision has healed up nicely.  He also have me the ok to return to work for half days.  Best though is that I can finally workout more that just going on short walks and light Cardio.  Finally!!

Day Four of 21DSD was pretty easy actually.  My headache was gone.  Lunch was some leftovers and brown rice.  Dinner was taco night.  My family has been really supportive with my new recipes.  They had tacos with the works.  I ate the taco in a lettuce cup.  No dairy but lots of veggies!  Another winner!!

I'm just so pumped to get going in the gym!  The 21DSD does come with a workout program (e-book) so I will be testing it out tomorrow. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment