Wednesday 7 January 2015

Day Two Recap of 21DSD

Well, Day Two has come and gone.  I started the day with a workout.  Turbo Jam 20 Minute Workout.  I love these workouts but, holy moly, I was completely sucking wind through it.  It is totally frustrating when your body doesn't do the things it used to do so easily but then I have to remember to cut myself some slack...my body went through a significant trauma.  It will take some time to get it back to where I was pre-surgery.  Patience grasshopper!

My post-workout breakfast was a Coco-monkey Smoothie from the guidebook.  It was so stinking good.  I seriously could drink this smoothie the rest of my life!  The frozen banana in there gave it enough sweetness to help curb any cravings for sweets that I had upon waking up.

The symptoms that I could experience on Day Two were headaches, mental foggiest,  or hunger.  I definitely had a headache and a bit of nausea during the afternoon.  I grabbed some beef jerky as a snack later in the afternoon which helped a bit.

The one thing that I am finding is that I'm not really that hungry during the day.  The smoothie was enough until about 2 p.m.  (I also didn't get up until 9 - I am hoping to get the clearance to get back to my full - time job after I see the surgeon this week so I will be waking up at 5 a.m. next week). 

Dinner was Greek Meatballs, sweet potatoes, broccoli, cauliflower and carrots.  Fantastic!  The hubby even commented how good it was - which is saying something!

Evening snack was Cinnilla Nuts (also from the guidebook).  I thought they were pretty darned good.

So I will chalk Day Two up to be a success!  Cravings not bad at all.  Day Three is supposed to be when it can get pretty dicey but bring it on.  I got this!!

No comments:

Post a Comment