Saturday 10 January 2015

Day 5 - My Return to the Gym

I was so exited to get back into the gym yesterday morning.  I have missed doing strength training.  I have lost pretty much all the definition I had built in my upper body.  The 21DSD comes with a great workout program if you order your package online at www.balancedbites.com/21DSD.  The workout consisted on a quick warm up, step ups, wall push ups, squats and crunches.  After three rounds, you hit the mat for some core work and stretches.  God, I have missed this!

My food today was pretty easy.  I went a little overboard at the grocery store when I was picking up stuff to make this week!  So it's easy for us just to grab something healthy. 

Breakfast was another smoothie but this time I took a frozen banana, almond butter, almond milk and a couple bug handfuls of spinach.  Yumm!   The hubby was totally put off by the green colour of the smoothie and wouldn't try it but it was really good!

Lunch was a quick grab of leftover taco meat, some lettuce,  and mushrooms.  Quick, easy and satisfying!

Dinner was awesome!  Stuffed portobello mushroom caps.  So good!

I was thinking that I was going to get off a bit easy since I had managed to get to Day 5 with only a headache for symptoms but later on in the evening I started to feel kinda crappy (no Crohns pun intended).  I was nauseated and a bit achy.  I ended up taking a Gravol and went to bed.  Symptoms passed shortly thereafter and I got a great nights sleep.

I haven't had any sugar cravings at all.  Which is strange for me but let's see what tomorrow brings!

No comments:

Post a Comment